Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Saying goodbye to my Elizabeth

  1. #1
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Red face

    Okay...I'm a big girl, and I don't get overly attached to my dolls...or so I thought.

    My sister asked a friend who works for AG to get an Elizabeth for her DGD's b-day on Monday. This person offered to get the doll and extend the 30% discount to my sister. Well..the person forgot to order the doll. So my sister told my niece that she wouldn't be getting the doll. My niece is developmentally slow, and took the news pretty well, but I still feel terrible. I had no idea any of this was even going on until a couple of hours ago.

    Needless to say, my sister bought my Elizabeth, and I am going to package her up so she looks like brand new, which she essentially is. ( I offered, my sister didn't ask)

    I'm just going to order another one for myself, but I feel really bad! I feel silly, considering a little girl is getting my Elizabeth, and I don begrudge her getting the doll at all. She just left my house, and she was holding Elizabeth, and really enjoying her, so I know she will love her.

    Sigh...I guess I'll trot over to the AG site and order another one....

  2. #2
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    You're a very good person, Jenny. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member danaspillar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Sugar Magnolia. And I'm sure you will love your new Elizabeth, too, maybe just differently (call her Beth, or something close, but not the same). I'm sure the (old) Elizabeth will very much appreciate the love she is being given.

  4. #4
    13Pumpkins
    Guest 13Pumpkins's Avatar

    Post

    That's sad. The new Elizabeth won't be like the old Elizabeth. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    er...uh..make sure you order that overdue #26 too! HA! I ryhmed...a poet and did not even know it....HA! rymed again! SHEESH!....BTW, that was very good of you to make that child happy...5 [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] 's for you and maybe no more [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] 's from DPS anymore, huh?

    <font color="RED">Mwahahahahahaaaa.....FAT CHANCE!!!....Mwahahahahahaaaaaa....</font>

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] If you do not get #26 in this order too! [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I'm sorry...I didn't mean for you all to say such nice things...I just needed to tell someone! No one in my house cares!!!! LOL!!!!!

    Sheila! Quit trying to arrest me! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That was a sweet thing to do. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] I know it's sad to give up dolls...I have done it before. The new doll is always different somehow from the old one...but I'm sure you'll love her just as much.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that is so sweet! Making a little girl so happy is what it's really all about. I hope your new Elizabeth arrives soon and in tip-top condition.

  9. #9
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    That's really sweet and caring!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member uktmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by vew-tori:
    I think that is so sweet! Making a little girl so happy is what it's really all about.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto! You did the right thing! Think how happy your niece will be! You are going to MAKE her day!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •